We’re so enthusiast to bake again; with the agenda to re-try the chocolate cookies, get our hand dirty on homemade pizza, simple cupcake and/or muffin. You know, while the holiday lasts and we have the time to play around in the kitchen instead of the laptop.
We headed to the baking shop and hyper-mart this afternoon, bought the necessary ingredients and equipment. We started the baking adventure by making the pizza dough. While waiting for the dough to rise, we moved on to the cupcake – which doesn’t turn out well, it’s more like a pie #fail. We had Nutella on top to rescue it. Better luck next time.
As for the pizza, it rocks! We followed the pizza-dough recipe from ABM. Had the toppings based on our personal preferences. It got pretty messy in the kitchen with all the flour and bowls to wash, but totally worth it! Looking to say goodbye to PHD soon.
Note to self: tone down the tomato paste and decrease the number of mushroom.
BASIC PIZZA DOUGH
Can make two 10inch pizza
- Bowl A – Combine the following:
- Bowl B – Combine the following:
- Add bowl A into bowl B, stir along with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Knead until the dough is well combined and elastic. Lay in a bowl, cover and allow to rise for 2 hours until it doubles in size.
3/4 cup warm water
3/4 teaspoon instant dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
MAKING THE PIZZA
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approx. 10 mins).
- Lightly flour a smooth table surface and roll out the dough to a very thin layer.
- Bake the pizza crust at 200°C for 5 mins .
- Spread tomato/bbq sauce on top of the crust and add toppings.
- Bake for another 10 – 15 mins or until the cheese has turned a light golden brown.